It’s been super quiet around here, but not without reason. I totally spaced out on updating my blog with the news that our second son arrived on March 1st. I don’t plan on posting too much for another few months; we’ll see how things go with our new addition. In the meantime, take a look at this cutie of ours!
Weaving ribbon together can create quite the timeless wrapped gift. For todays’ gift wrap idea, it’s perfect for the holidays. Whether it’s a Christmas present or a winter birthday, sparkle can never go wrong this time of year! Here’s what you need to re-create this look (click on the links below to source items):
Gold kraft wrapping paper
Open-weave wired ribbon
Gold glitter velvet ribbon
Gold center stripe ribbon
Ivory cotton string
Start by wrapping your boxed gift with your wrapping paper, using the double-sided tape to secure the flaps. Next, wrap the open-weave ribbon around the box across the longest length. Tie the two ends together in the back using the cotton string.
Then start weaving! Use the gold glitter velvet to weave through the middle portion of the open-weave ribbon. Tie the two ends in the back with a small knot. Repeat with the gold center striper ribbon on the two outer portions of the open-weave ribbon and knot those as well in the back. If you’d like, you can tie on a mini burlap tag to finish it off.
I hope you all got to enjoy your Thanksgiving! This weekend, I’m kicking off shopping season with a Rose Gold Giveaway over on my Instagram and special promos for Black Friday through Cyber Monday.
About the giveaway: head on over to my Instagram profile (here’s a direct link) to find the giveaway and enter for your chance to win everything shown in the image above! If you don’t have an Instagram, just leave a comment below saying what you’re most thankful for and that’ll count as one entry! One winner will receive the following, all worth $65.00 from my Shop!
- One pair of rose gold metal crafting scissors
- One pair of mini rose gold vintage finish detail scissors
- One roll of rose gold foil triangle washi tape
- 25 rose gold metal paper clips
- 9 rose gold metal binder clips
- 4.5 yards of rose gold ribbon wound on a wooden spool
- Set of 5 white mini square glitter cards with envelopes and rose gold foil heart stickers
- 6 small glitter clothespins
Note: international entries are most welcome if you’re willing to pay the extra postage fees.
About the weekend promos:
- Black Friday: get 25% off your entire purchase on the 25th using code HOORAY25 during checkout. Promo will end 12am EST, 9pm PST on the 25th, same day. Free shipping will apply to all domestic orders $75 or more when leaving the code SHIPFREE75 during checkout in the comment area (shipping will be refunded after the purchase since Etsy only lets you use one coupon code).
- Small Business Saturday through Cyber Monday: get 20% off your entire purchase on the 26th through the 28th using code HAPPY20 during checkout. Promo will end 12am EST, 9pm PST on Monday, the 28th. Free shipping will apply to all domestic orders $75 or more when leaving the code SHIPFREE75 during checkout in the comment area (shipping will be refunded after the purchase since Etsy only lets you use one coupon code).
Note: promo codes do not apply on previous purchases. To quality for free domestic shipping, order must total $75 or more after any promo codes are applied and before sales tax and shipping.
I published a post earlier this week with a gift wrap idea, well, here’s the continuation of that.
I’ve teamed up with Artifact Uprising again to bring you this post. Artifact Uprising has recently released the most adorable cork + brass stand to host your square prints and I’m here to gush all about it. I gifted one to my mama earlier this week along with a set of square prints of Henry growing up. I put dates on the back of each print so she can always know when the photo was taken. What I love most about square prints and the little stands that coordinate with them is your ability to swap out prints whenever you feel like it, no hassle. Whether it’s your favorite quote or a memorable snap, my bookshelf is happier with such a stand.
My parents are undergoing a massive overhaul in their home right now, renovating just about everything on the first floor. Changing things up does make the space you spent years in making memories look very different, but my mama was so excited to unwrap the stand and square prints, adding that it was the perfect touch she needed to keep up with all that “something new” in their space, yet timeless memories of what has already happened there in order to make it a home. Let’s just say my home is enjoying the benefits of this cork + brass stand too.
I’ll always be a fan of handmade paper. It could be because of its inconsistencies and unique features that make it one of a kind — and one of a kind is always good to gift. It could be because both sides of the paper are usable and therefore, wonderful to help coordinate stacked gifts without letting on that you used the same sheet. Let’s just say that handmade paper is a win-win. To recreate this look, here’s what you need:
Handmade vintage style wrapping paper, double-sided
Antique bronze washi tape
Silk ribbon (I used 1/4″ champagne)
Round cork tag
Mini square gold foil card
Mini square glassine envelope
First, wrap the larger gift with the wrapping paper, using the more patterned side. Wrap the smaller gift with the opposite side. This helps keep the gifts coordinated with the same color scheme, but adds some depth. Secure the flaps with double-sided tape and place washi tape over the seams.
Stack the gifts and tie down with silk ribbon. I chose to do four loops for a tad bit more extravagance. Secure the cork tag. Lastly, slip your mini card into the envelope, seal with washi tape, and slide under the silk ribbon. Done!
PS: come back on Thursday to see what was inside this wrapped gift!